Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Collection Idea: Tomica

MANILA, Philippines - The only thing I collect is Tomica (aside from downloaded pirated games. ) Tomica is not Tom and Mica dolls (if ever they exist and if that makes sense.) It is a brand of toy cars--diecast metal cars--from Japan that feature real life cars.  From Honda Civic to Mitsubishi Lancer, name any Japanese car and they got it. So far, I have 24 in total. I started collecting once a month last year but hasn't purchased any for months now. I removed it on my priority list because I have got lots of bills to pay: cable, internet, mobile phone (credit card), and phone line.. Oh crap. That's too much for a working student like me. A normal Tomica isn't expensive, though. It is PHP169.95 (USD 4.18) a piece while the limited edition can be as much as PHP350.00 (USD 8.60) a piece.

I won't be showing you all my cars, but let me feature some of the ones I really love.

Here is Hummer H2. It is my Collection No. 005-111015. Scale 1/67. The good thing about this is that it is really huge! I mean, it is still small but compared to the others, it so fat ass! And that's what I love about it. It's ready to kill!
Hummer H2 posing for the camera.
This is a rare find.  Collection No. 006-111127. Scale 1/64. I had not much money when I saw this in a mall and that was the only time I actually saw one. So I grabbed the opportunity! If only I could ride it home, that would be an appreciation.
Jeep Wrangler is really awesome!

This is the most expensive one I have. It has rubberized wheels. Collection No. 012-120107. It is actually a gift from a classmate. The car is well made and is limited edition. Every bit of it is in great detail! I hope many people would buy me one as gifts.. blogger gift perhaps?



And oh by the way, I took and edited the pictures myself, so I hope you won't share it without any credit or such.. To all guys, girls, dads or humans out there who collect Tomicas. Let me know! I would be happy to feature you in this blog!

And just to inform you guys, Tomicas are usually available in Toy Kingdom, Toys R Us and any other Toy Stores. They are cheap, unique and definitely a collector's wishlist.


Call Me Jed™ (cc) 2013. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Philippines License.