Friday, February 8, 2013

5 Benefits of Biking In The Morning

QUEZON CITY, Philippines - I went biking this morning.. Just want to share how awesome it feels to do it in the morning, when everyone's still asleep. Hahahaha.. So here is the story..


My bike is equipped with Shimano.
It's my off today! Friday. And I wanted to do something fun. I decided that I would go biking.. I haven't touched my mountain bike since I bought it last Christmas (it was a gift from an ex-coworker.. yes, she's that rich.)

I went around our subdivision (wow! just kidding though, it's not even gated.) So, again, I roamed around our area--Project 4--and discovered a lot of things. Biking, other than being beneficial to our health is also an awesome way to know yourself. Yes.. So true, you can forget yoga.

Here, I am listing down those other benefits I think biking has.


Suspension, baby.

1. Biking All By Yourself Helps You Reflect

..about life, of course. For every bumps, not of life but of what the humps cause, you'd definitely  realize "what the heck am I doing with my life?" Well, biking helped me think about my life's up and downs. Although, it's gets better day by day (hopefully,) there are still challenges that I am facing. But about yours, not really sure how to assist you. Just go biking, and you will see.



Sweet.
2. You Can Catch the Early Food

 Saw a woman selling cariocas (kariyokas.. not sure how it is spelled) and decided to buy one. It's 7AM in the morning for heaven sake, don't expect me to buy something better. But it is indeed better than any other street food out there.  Honestly, I don't like cariocas. I like sugar but not these. But I was surprised that it tasted better in the morning! It's crunchy and hot. The funny part is when I was looking for a bananacue I actually asked her "Do you have barbecue?" Stupidity at its best.

So my point is, if I didn't go biking, I wouldn't appreciate this little wonder right here.





Brgy. Marilag Park and Hall.
3.  See Places You Haven't Seen In Years

This is the Brgy. Hall of Marilag. Here is one of the most popular parks in Project 4. It is well-preserved (gee, as if I am talking about natural resources) but it was like this since I was a kid. We used to come here biking with my papa and sisters and friends. Now, I was here, all alone with my mountain bike. If it wasn't for biking, I wouldn't be able to see it again. Nostalgic.


Self-service.

4. You Would Have Time For Yourself

Speaking of being alone, why feel bad about it? Alone but not lonely, that is great, isn't it? This part is probably a continuation of no. 1, but think about it, I was alone biking, and then I took this lonely photo, it's so perfect, I could die!

Time spent alone is time not spent wasting. Except maybe if you are masturbating, that is a completely different story. (LOL)

If only we could just go biking everyday without thinking about nothing else, I would be so happy. I would be in Batanes now.. if bikes could float.

So, the point is.. it gave myself a quality time.. reflection and stuff.




5. You Can Take Good Pictures

Look at how awesome those pictures are.. It could be talent but stop it you! Here's my favorite.


To finalize, I had a good time!

I bike in the gym, but biking on the road is way, way, way better!

And that ends the story. Happy Friday!


Call Me Jed™ (cc) 2013. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Philippines License.